View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:39 am

White Noise Skips 

Post Re: White Noise Skips
Hello,

I am having the same problem - every 10 seconds the sounds skip. I have verified that using the built-in Google Media player and setting it to repeat works perfectly with no skips (that is, the sound file itself is perfect and loops without any artifacts, or skips). I have the latest version of Sleep Now -running on a Moto x w/ the latest version of Android at the time of this post (kitkat 4.4). Yes I am rooted via Jcase slapmymoto.

I believe that since it is skipping every 10 seconds it has to do with the function you mentioned whereby you are rewinding the sound. I believe that if you were to just let it loop naturally it would fix this issue.

My suggestion is that you provide an updated .apk file that removes your "Fix" with the rewinding function and I can see if that helps.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter. You can email me via your forum (my profile contains my email address).

Thank you,

John

Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:32 am
Profile Send private message
Site Admin

I just sent you a PM. I am happy to work with you on this.

Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:59 am

I'm afraid, the bug is back again.

Randomly the "white noise" skips for a split second. That makes it impossible to sleep.

I have an Sony Xperia Z3.

Is there anything I can do?

Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:00 am
Site Admin

Ratzi73 wrote:
I'm afraid, the bug is back again.

Randomly the "white noise" skips for a split second. That makes it impossible to sleep.

I have an Sony Xperia Z3.

Is there anything I can do?

If it happens randomly, it may be that the phone is too busy. If you reboot the phone regularly (every day or every second day), it may help in this situation.

Otherwise, I am not sure there's anything you can do as this problem is due to the firmware and not Gentle Alarm. You could try different file formats (.mp3/.ogg/.wav) and see if that makes a difference. Then you could convert the sounds to a format that is capable of gapless looping on your phone.

Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:47 am