View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:41 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 441 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 45  Next
 Planned Features / Feature Requests 
Site Admin

Post Planned Features / Feature Requests
Feel free to reply to this post for feature requests.

Planned Features (long term):
  • Widget improvements
  • Modules: add-ons that significantly change the usage of the app; e.g. a media player for the night display so you can fall asleep to music

Planned Features (short term):
  • Optional methods for time input: scroll wheel vs. number pad

Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:15 am
Profile Send private message

Post Re: Version History / Planned Features / Feature Requests
Really a great app! Exactly what I've been looking for.

I love the night display, but on my HTC Hero not only the screen stays on (which is good), but also all the button lights stay always on. In my opinion, this is not necessary or should be an option, because it gives a lot of light in the dark. In other applications, these lights turn off after a few seconds, while the screen stays active. It would be great if this could be changed!

Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:49 am
Site Admin

found it in the code. I don't have a HTC phone so I can't guarantee that it will work. But the next update will include a fix you can try.

What about the main display. This one also does not shut off. I assume there it is ok to have the buttons lighting up or do you want that changed too?

Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:16 am

Thanks for your quick reply!

Cool, hope it will work :) For the main screen it doesn't really matter, so it's ok that they stay on.

Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:43 am

I love your app very much! Especially the "skip next alarm" function.

I have installed the trial version v1.2.2 a few days ago and the alarm worked perfectly in the next morning. However, when I rebooted by HTC magic in the afternoon, it kept in the reboot loop...I had to hard reset my device. I am not so sure if it is related to your app but I searched google and found that some other alarm application caused this "reboot loop" problem occationally too. And the only software I installed recently was Gentle Alarm. I haven't installed back the app after hard reset. I really love your app and would like to buy it but scared it will keep in the reboot loop again. Have you got any report from other user on the same issue?

Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:09 am
Site Admin

thank you for bringing this to my attention. I have not heard from anybody having this problem yet.

Anybody else out there with that problem? This would of course get top priority.

• Can you show me the google info you found on that issue?
  • Can you do a safe reboot (hold down menu while rebooting?)
  • Here's where the booting comes in: After a reboot, GentleAlarm starts automatically to set the alarm again (which got killed during the reboot). However, it does so fairly late in the process (after the desktop comes up). If that should be an issue, I could as a last resort disable this functionality. Then, after a reboot, one needs to manually run GentleAlarm again to reactivate the alarm (which happens automatically when the main screen of GentleAlarm shows).

Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:02 pm

You can refer to section 2.7
http://sites.google.com/site/paranoidan ... -and-my-ph

seems it is related to the bug in HTC rom.

I wasn't aware that there was safe reboot, I think I will install the app again and let you know any problem.

Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:33 am

Hi,
great application, I love it. I have a small feature request: could you change the backgroundcolor to real black (night mode)? Simply because on my Samsung Galaxy OLED, black pixels will not light up at all. Saves me battery power and looks great at night!
Thanks,
Solidify

Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:13 pm
Site Admin

You will laugh: this didn't even occur to me. I assumed the background color was black but it isn't. And, of course, it looks so much better with a black background. :lol:

Thank you for this great tip!!! Will be in next release...

Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:51 pm

Hi!
This app is really great! First of all I want to thank you for developing it! :D

Anyway, there are some things I'd like to mention:

1) As Solidify said, I noticed also on my HTC Hero, that in night mode the display is still a little lighted (seems like some background lighting) - even if I turn the brightness down to the minimum (with the volume keys). Maybe it's the same issue with the background color and I just have to wait for the next release... ;)

2) Concerning the volume settings on my Hero: When I choose a music file (mp3) as alarm sound, the file will be played with the adjusted volume (e.g. 20% or 100%) - that works fine. But while the sound in this pre-listening is playing I still have to aditionally choose the volume with the volume keys on my phone (so called "media volume"). When I turn it down to the minimum, no alarm sound will be played - even the setting in the app is 100%. I also noticed no difference between "enforced volume" on or off (although it's remarked to be switched on for the HTC Hero).

Maybe other Hero users have the same problem? Btw, I use Android 1.5 and the latest version of the original ROM by HTC.

Thanks and keep it up!

Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:08 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 441 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 45  Next